Posted by Florina Muntenescu, Developer Advocate (@FMuntenescu)
At Google I/O 2019 we announced that Android development will become increasingly Kotlin-first. Together with JetBrains, we also launched Kotlin/Everywhere – a global series of community led events focusing on the potential of using Kotlin everywhere; on Android, servers, web front-end and other platforms.
Kotlin/Everywhere events took place from May through December and we want to thank everyone for getting involved
👨💻👩💻30,000+ developers participated in-person at Kotlin/Everywhere events
📅 500+ events: from short evening meetups, half-day sessions, and full day events, to Kotlin/Everywhere tracks at larger events like DevFests, or even StudyJams that spanned several weeks.
🎤~30 speakers from Google and JetBrains gave ~70 talks at events around the world.
🌎 85+ countries: from United States to Chile, Kenya, Greece, Taiwan, New Zealand and so many more, with some countries hosting 1-2 events to some hosting dozens: Nigeria – 38, China – 27, India – 25 just to name a few.
💻 Many of the resources used or created for Kotlin/Everywhere by Google and JetBrains are available online:
- Intro to Kotlin: Kotlin Koans
- Refactoring to Kotlin: codelab in English, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese
- Kotlin for Java developers (Coursera course available in the free “Audit” mode)
- Kotlin Bootcamp for Programmers (free Udacity course)
- Coroutines hands-on tutorial
Kotlin in Android:
- Kotlin Android fundamentals codelabs
- Developing Android Apps with Kotlin (free Udacity course)
- Using Kotlin Coroutines in your Android app
- Advanced Coroutines with Kotlin Flow and LiveData
Kotlin in Google Cloud Platform:
- Build a Kotlin Spring Application with Google Cloud Platform
- Extend an Android frontend with a Kotlin backend running on App Engine
- Run a Kotlin Spring Boot app on App Engine standard environment
- Run a Kotlin Spring Boot application on Google Kubernetes Engine
- Run a Spring Boot application on Google Compute Engine
We’re grateful for this engagement with Kotlin from communities around the world, as well as for all the organisers, speakers and attendees who made these events possible! To participate in more Kotlin events, check out JetBrains’ KotlinConf’19 Global initiative, happening through March 2020.
With all of the resources available, there’s never been a better time to adopt Kotlin… Everywhere!
Vía Android Developers Blog https://ift.tt/35AxJXl