We’re midway through the week, which means another new Microsoft Edge Dev channel build is rolling out for testers. This update comes in at version number 86.0.615.3, and it brings several new features to check out. And if you’re a fan of Edge’s Collections, you’ll probably be happy.
As of this release, Collections are now closely integrated with Pinterest, offering suggestions from the service for your Collections. You can also export your collections to Pinterest. There’s also now the ability to sort your collections by name.
Here’s a full look at all of what’s new and fixed in the latest Edge Dev build:
- Added the ability to use a pen to highlight PDFs.
- Added a setting for using a secure DNS.
- Added the ability to get suggestions for Collections from Pinterest and to export Collections to Pinterest.
- Added the ability to sort items in a Collection by name.
- Added a Paste option to a Collection’s … menu.
- Added support for creating a video reproduction of an issue when submitting feedback.
- Enabled support for the Default Serial Guard Setting management policy from Chromium.
- Enabled support for the Serial Ask For Urls management policy from Chromium.
- Enabled support for the Serial Blocked For Urls management policy from Chromium.
- Fixed an issue where popups such as the Translation or Sign In popup sometimes crash the browser when they’re closed or dismissed.
- Fixed an issue where opening certain links from the New Tab Page in a new InPrivate window crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where uninstalling a website installed as an app sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed an issue where an Edge hang sometimes causes the entire device to hang.
- Fixed an issue where Edge Insider channels can’t be uninstalled.
- Fixed an issue where browsing data is not deleted when windows for a specific profile are closed (instead, it’s only deleted if all windows are closed) if the option to automatically delete it is enabled and there are windows for another profile that remain open.
- Fixed an issue where certain websites like Discord don’t load.
- Fixed an issue where websites installed as apps sometimes open in regular tabs instead of their own tab-less windows.
- Fixed an issue where usernames are incorrectly identified as non-username fields or vice versa in autofill suggestion popups.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the video Touchbar sometimes appears on pages without videos.
- Fixed an issue where refreshing a page after it’s been translated prevents it from being translated again.
- Fixed an issue where there is sometimes no dialog confirming that caret browsing mode is being turned off.
- Fixed an issue where clicking a link in a PDF that’s supposed to scroll it to a different location in the PDF doesn’t scroll it to the correct location.
- Fixed an issue where the Autofill popup sometimes doesn’t display completely.
- Fixed an issue where Guest windows are sometimes incorrectly detected as InPrivate windows.
- Fixed an issue where Read Aloud sometimes highlighted the wrong words when reading PDFs.
- Fixed an issue where exiting fullscreen sometimes causes the Tab band to become all black.
- Fixed an issue where certain context menu icons, such as for “Move tab to another window”, are missing.
This update is rolling out to the Microsoft Edge Dev channel now. If you’re already testing the Dev channel, you can pick up the update through the “About Microsoft Edge” portion of the settings menu. Otherwise, Edge Insider builds are available to download from the Edge Insider site, while the stable version is available at the official Microsoft Edge site.
For more on this build, you can check out the known issues in Microsoft’s official release notes.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Vía Windows Central – Apps https://ift.tt/3gygoTw